Complete TESOL Advanced and you can become a TESL Canada certified teacher. TESOL Advanced requires a higher level of English ability as reflected in the more challenging entrance requirements. Much of the course's curriculum overlaps with regular TESOL and the textbook is the same as TESOL Adults, but assessments are different and the practicum requirement includes more teaching hours. Challenge yourself to see if you can be an advanced student.
Type Diploma Program Campus Vancouver Program Length 4 weeks (132 hours) Schedule 9am – 5:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
9am – 3pm Wednesday
Download the sample schedule
Average Class Size 12 Students Additional Details
- No course prerequisites but students must meet the language proficiency entrance requirement.
- Students who successfully complete TESOL Advanced are eligible to take TESOL for Children, TESOL for Middle School, TESOL for Adults, and TESOL for Test Preparation.
- Best suited for Native English speakers and higher level non-native English speakers. An asset for any person who eventually wants to teach in Canada.
- TESOL Advanced graduates who also have a university degree and who can fulfill TESL Canada language requirements are eligible to apply for an additional certification from TESL Canada
Graduation Requirements 70% average upon successful completion of all in-class modules and practicum
- Giving Instructions
- Classroom Management
- Pedagogical Theory
- Teaching Reading
- Teaching Speaking
- Teaching Listening
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Writing
- Young Learners
- Unit Planning
TESOL for Middle School Coordinator & Instructor; TESOL Adults & TESOL Advanced Coordinator
Pete Hall attended Simon Fraser University, graduating with a B.A in Physical Geography and well as a B.Ed in Teaching. He earned his TESOL Diploma from Vancouver Community College. Pete is an adventurer by heart, and has combined his love for travelling and his passion for teaching and taught in many different countries around the world, including Tanzania, Korea and China. His motto is: "If there are no students in your class, could you do what you are planning to do? If the answer to this question is yes, then don't do it!”
- 10 full hours of supervised practicum instruction
- Supervised and delivered by TESL Canada approved instructors
- High entrance standards and in-depth learning opportunities
- Current methodologies and practices
- Complete your program and practicum in 4 weeks!
Future Career Opportunities
- Tutoring, private academy teaching, corporate English training
- Global teaching opportunities in the ESL/EFL field
Length of Placement 20 hours Timing of Placement Concurrently with TESOL advanced in-class hours - on Wednesdays Place of Placement KGIC Vancouver ESL Campus Important Notes Supervised by a TESL Canada aprroved instructor